~ Mary, Cause of Our Joy, We Celebrate ~
- MLK Day Service Opportunity: Please see email from 1/7 with details or contact Mrs. Dominick
- Middle School Reading Olympics Team: Permission slips will be sent home the Week of January 10th (competition in March)
- If you are able to donate a case of water to the classroom, please let me know!
1. Find the right spot! Make sure you have good lighting, a comfy chair, and enforce a "no-phone" zone (this takes discipline!)
2. Create a "product" of your studying! Don't just stare and read notes, but make flash cards, quizlets, doodle notes, recording of your voice, etc
3. Listen to some music- choose your favorite artist and listen to instrumental versions of their songs
4. Create a schedule. Divide up the studying/assignment into smaller chunks.
5. Re-read from the textbook as you study to reinforce your notes- remember, notes only summarize the content!
JANUARY and FEBRUARY OBSERVANCES
January 1st: Anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation
January 6th: Feast of the Epiphany
January 17th: Dr. Martin Luther King Day
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” - Dr. MLK
February: Black History Month
“In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.”
—Thurgood Marshall, first African American U.S. Supreme Court member
February 2nd: Groundhog Day
February 4th: Rosa Parks Day
February 12th: Abraham Lincoln's Birthday
February 14th: Valentine's Day
February 15th: Susan B. Anthony's Birthday
"Think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval." -Susan Anthony.
February 15th: International Childhood Cancer Day Donate to Penn State THON
February 21st: Presidents' Day
February 22nd: George Washington's Birthday
High School: Kennedy-Kenrick Catholic
College: The Pennsylvania State Univeristy, University Park
B.S. in Secondary Education, Minor in History
Certification: Instructional I, Secondary Social-Studies
Years Teaching in Catholic Education: 8
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.