SCRIP is an easy fundraiser that benefits your family and Mater Dei. Below is everything you need to know about the program.
What is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a year round gift card program.
We buy gift cards at a discount from major retailers, restaurants, and grocery stores and sell them to you at face value.
Why Use SCRIP?
The discount per gift card varies from 5% to 25%, depending on the merchant. The rebate is split between you and Mater Dei – you get credit toward your tuition and the school’s portion of the discount is reinvested in the school. Families receive 80% and Mater Dei receives 20% of the percentage given from the merchant. When you take advantage of SCRIP, you earn tuition credits just by making regular household purchases. Instead of paying with cash or credit, use prepaid gift cards from local stores and some of America’s most trusted retailers.
How do I buy SCRIP through Mater Dei?
- Every Monday, the youngest/only member of your family will bring home the SCRIP envelope. We would be grateful if you would cover your SCRIP envelope with contact paper.
- The SCRIP order form is included in the envelope and will be replenished each week when necessary.
- Complete the order form.
- Make check payable to Mater Dei Home and School Association.
- Return envelope Tuesday or Wednesday each week with order form and check enclosed. If the envelope is returned on Tuesday, it will be held in the office and filled on Wednesday.
- Orders will be filled every Wednesday and returned home that day with your youngest/only child.
- If you do not want the SCRIP sent home, please check box on form indicating your preference to pick up at the office.
- The business office will track and distribute credits in July. If you pay your tuition in full at the beginning of the year, your credits will be carried over for the following school year. Credits can be applied to any Catholic educational institution (including High School and College) or parish PREP (Parish Religious Education Program) fees.
- If you are not buying SCRIP for the week, please return your envelope with all blank forms enclosed and it will be sent back to you the next week.
$TART WITH $CRIP – END WITH $AVING$!
Special Order SCRIP through Mater Dei Office
The Special Order portion of SCRIP includes an extensive list of stores and restaurants that are available throughout the year. A sample list of stores and restaurants is enclosed in your envelope. A more detailed list is available on www.shopwithscrip.com.
You can send in your special order any day of the week with your child. Special Scrip Orders for the 2019-2020 school year are due on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month, with extra order days scheduled around the holidays. Consult the website calendar for exact dates. Orders generally take a week. The Special SCRIP order form is available for download at the bottom of this page. It is titled 2018/2019 Special SCRIP Order Form. Print the form, complete your order, enclose payment and ALL pages of the order form in an envelope. Send your order to school with your child.
Other Ways to Order SCRIP
Walk-In – Sales are available every school day, EXCEPT WEDNESDAYS, from 9:30 to 2:30, in the school office.
On-line – Sign up to use My Scrip Wallet – directions are found at these two links:
My SCRIP Wallet FAQ, Shop with SCRIP Ordering Guide, and in your family envelope.
Please feel free to contact your SCRIP Coordinators, Erin Johnson and Nicole Kovacs, with any questions thoughout the school year: