Clearances and Volunteer Information
PA State-Mandated Clearances for Volunteers
Procedure and Requirements
All clearances must be submitted PRIOR to volunteer service.
Volunteers who have lived in PA continuously for 10 years or more:
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance – https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance – https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Certificate of Completion of the Safe Environment/Protecting God’s Children Course
- YOU MUST ATTEND A CLASS – Register online for a class at a convenient time and location for you at https://learning.childyouthprotection.org/login/index.php
- If you attended a class prior to 2007, there is additional paperwork in the school office that refers to the technology clearance and needs to be signed.
- Certificate of Completion of the Safe Environment/Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse Course
- Training is online at https://learning.childyouthprotection.org/login/index.php
- When you have completed the training, answer all questions and print the certificate.
- Disclosure Statement (included in the PDF file available below for download) – Two-page document for you to read and sign. Return signed statement to the school office.
All potential volunteers who have lived in PA for less than 10 years and all paid employees need to satisfy the five criteria listed above AND need a Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint clearance.
You can refer to the following website for a full explanation of what is required of all volunteers:
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Outland in the school office:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.368.0995